Because my Philadelphia Wish List was so much fun to compile, I decided to make it the first in a 3-part series. Below is my 2009 National Summer Wish List. The last and final list will be internationally-themed. Enjoy!
1. Tour the south. Start in Tennessee for the bonnaroo music festival. Fly from Nashville to Birmingham, Alabama and, over the course of a few days, drive to Jackson, Mississippi in time for the Jubilee! JAM. Along the way visit the Rosa Parks and Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museums, antebellum homes, and make a quick detour over to Philadelphia, Mississippi for obvious reasons. Fly home to Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) from Jackson. All flights–Philadelphia to Nashville, Nashville to Birmingham, and Jackson to Philadelphia–are available through Southwest.
3. Finger Lakes Riesling Festival. My love for the Finger Lakes extends way back before I started drinking wine so I will jump at any excuse to visit. My favorite Riesling comes from Dr. Konstantin Frank and a brand new Riesling Beer will be introduced by Three Brothers at the festival.
4. Mystic, CT for one of these festivals: 1) Outdoor Art Festival , 2) Wine & Food Festival, or 3) Fish & Ships Seafood Festival. I would also probably insist on my picture being taken in front of every local pizza shop. Matt would love it if we could drive there and go camping along the way, so I could oblige him that. I would need top of the line equipment, of course. This tent has three rooms!
8. Disney World! (yes, Disney World.) I’m a kid at heart. Most of our time would be spent in the Hollywood Studio park (is this the new MGM? It’s been a while). I love the Stunt Show and Indiana Jones. And there’s a new Narnia attraction! Sweet! I do enjoy some rides in the Magic Kingdom but it would only take half a day to do that.
10. Sonoma Wine Country Weekend. Love Sonoma. Love Wine. The End.
I might be able to actually report back on one of these. The other nine will have to wait.